List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wolfgang Schaefer Date:September 2 2009 10:59pm
Subject:Re: I want to change my sqldatabase server from one machine to another
View as plain text
Uma Mudumba wrote:
> Can you please send me a script to do that?
> I have MySQL Reference Manual for version 3.23.55.
> /* Copyright Abandoned 1996, 1999, 2001 MySQL AB
>    This file is public domain and comes with NO WARRANTY of any kind */
>
> /* Version numbers for protocol & mysqld */
>
> #ifdef _CUSTOMCONFIG_
> #include <custom_conf.h>
> #else
> #define PROTOCOL_VERSION            10
> #define MYSQL_SERVER_VERSION        "3.23.55"
> #define MYSQL_SERVER_SUFFIX         ""
> #define FRM_VER                     6
> #define MYSQL_VERSION_ID            32355
> #define MYSQL_PORT                  3306
> #define MYSQL_UNIX_ADDR             "/tmp/mysql.sock"
> #define MYSQL_CONFIG_NAME           "my"
>
> /* mysqld compile time options */
> #ifndef MYSQL_CHARSET
> #define MYSQL_CHARSET               "latin1"
> #endif
> #endif
>

> I have mysqlhotcopy scripts, but that copies only to the same sql. I want to copy the
> database to another machine.
> All myscripts should access the database from the new machine and new location.
>
> Thanks,
> Uma-

Why don't you use replication to sync the new machine? Once both
databases are synced you can switch to the new machine. In this case you
should not even have a downtime.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/replication-howto.html

cheers,
wolfgang

Thread
I want to change my sqldatabase server from one machine to another Uma Mudumba2 Sep
  • Re: I want to change my sqldatabase server from one machine to anotherWolfgang Schaefer3 Sep