List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Emile van Sebille Date:September 2 2009 2:18pm
Subject: Re: Problem w/ mysqldump
View as plain text
On 9/2/2009 3:43 AM Victor Subervi said...
> Hi:
> I have the following python code:
> import os
> os.system("mysqldump -u root -pPASSWORD --opt spreadsheets > dump.sql")

First, test this at the system command line -- you'll likely get an
empty file there as well, so calling from within python simply does the
same.

Then read the mysqldump docs for the command arguments and supply the
database name...

Emile

> This nicely creates the file...but the file is empty! The database exists
> and has lots of data, I double-checked it. If there is nothing wrong with my
> code, is there some way to do the same thing from within MySQL? Can I at
> least print everything to screen and copy it? Where would I find my database
> in Windoze?
> TIA,
> Victor

Thread
Problem w/ mysqldumpVictor Subervi2 Sep
  • Re: Problem w/ mysqldumpEmile van Sebille2 Sep
    • RE: Problem w/ mysqldumpDaevid Vincent2 Sep
      • Re: Problem w/ mysqldumpVictor Subervi2 Sep