List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Meyer Date:August 31 2009 3:56pm
Subject:Re: Database design - help
View as plain text
BobSharp wrote:
> As a complete newbie in MySQL,  I need a database
> to store URLs related to Tenpin Bowling.
>
> There are several Categories ...  Equipment Manufacturers,
> Organistations, (UK) ProShops, (UK) Bowling Centres, Personal
> Websites, Misc., Coaching & Instructional websites, etc.
>
> There will be some sub-categories.
> eg:  Organistions will have ... Zones of WTBC,  National Organisations
> within
> the Zones, UK organisations,  Disabled Bowling organisations, ...
> eg:  Personal Website might have ... Bowler's,  Pro Bowler's, Leagues,
> etc.
>
> Can anyone suggest how I should set out tables for this database ?

Here's one suggestion

Table:

URLs:
URL_ID
URL_TEXT

CATEGORY
CATEGORY_ID
CATEGORY_TEXT

SUBCAT
SUBCAT_ID
CATEGORY_ID
SUBCAT_TEXT

URL_CATEGORY
URL_ID
CATEGORY_ID
SUBCATEGORY_ID
PK: (URL_ID, CATEGORY_ID)
Thread
Downloading old version of MySQL ?David Harrison30 Aug
  • Re: Downloading old version of MySQL ?Joerg Bruehe31 Aug
  • Database design - help BobSharp31 Aug
    • Re: Database design - helpJohn Meyer31 Aug
  • Re: Database design - helpBobSharp4 Sep
    • RE: Database design - helpMartin Gainty4 Sep
  • Re: Database design - helpBobSharp5 Sep
  • Re: Database design - helpBobSharp5 Sep
Re: Database design - helpBobSharp6 Sep