List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:December 21 1999 4:15pm
Subject:[OT] Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysql
View as plain text
On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 23:55:15 -0500, Van wrote:

>Have you guys ever seen a script using elm on linux go out?  I've
>pitched 1000 e-mails in less than a minute before.  Once it's queued,
>who cares?

Nobody for 1000 mails. Try it with 1,000,000 and it will take a long
time, at least 1GB disk space, and if sendmail sees the queue, it will
commit harakiri just at the thought of how long it will take it to
actually deliver the messages. With a modern MTA (e.g. postfix/qmail),
and reasonable machine, you're still looking at the good part of a day
to get the messages out and hours to get them queued.

-Sincerely, Fred

[OT] Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlFred Lindberg21 Dec