List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joe Date:August 26 2009 1:33am
Subject:reverting to passwd-less root w/out --skip-grant-tables
View as plain text
I'm trying to get back to an earlier state where we started
mysqld withOUT --skip-grant-tables but the root user had no
password.  Yes, insecure, but we're in restoration mode here.

How do I reset/revert the root password to no password without
running with --skip-grant-tables?

Thanks in advance.
Thread
reverting to passwd-less root w/out --skip-grant-tablesJoe26 Aug
  • Re: reverting to passwd-less root w/out --skip-grant-tablesWalter Heck - OlinData.com26 Aug
    • Re: reverting to passwd-less root w/out --skip-grant-tablesJoe26 Aug
  • Re: reverting to passwd-less root w/out --skip-grant-tablesDarren Cassar26 Aug