List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joe Date:August 26 2009 12:12am
Subject:recovery help needed
View as plain text
We have an inaccessible MySQL v5.0.45 DB (w/Innodb) we really
need some help regaining access to.  While attempting to
adjust/add remote user access, we accidentally did the
following:

  use mysql;
  update user set host = 'SomeBogusIP' where user = 'root';

Now, we can't get into the DB to fix it:

# mysql test
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to
database 'test'
# mysql mysql
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to
database 'mysql'

We are not MySQL experts by any stretch, so any help is
appreciated.

Here are the files we evidently touched:
# ls -ltr /var/lib/mysql/mysql/
-rw-r----- 1 mysql mysql   5256 Aug 25 17:33 db.MYD
-rw-r----- 1 mysql mysql    844 Aug 25 17:35 user.MYD
-rw-r----- 1 mysql mysql   2048 Aug 25 17:50 user.MYI
-rw-r----- 1 mysql mysql   4096 Aug 25 17:50 db.MYI

We do have a months-old copy of the 'mysql' db directory.

Thanks in advance.
Thread
recovery help neededJoe26 Aug
  • Re: recovery help neededWalter Heck - OlinData.com26 Aug
    • Re: recovery help neededJoe26 Aug
      • Re: recovery help neededTodd Lyons26 Aug
      • Re: recovery help neededMartijn Engler26 Aug
        • Re: recovery help neededprabhat kumar26 Aug
  • Re: recovery help neededCarlos Proal26 Aug