List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walter harms Date:August 21 2009 12:41pm
Subject:Re: Scaling Mysql
View as plain text

Krishna Chandra Prajapati schrieb:
> Hi list,
>
> I have two tables send_sms and alt_send_sms. Users are inserting records
> into send_sms @ 500/sec ie 30000/min. After applying some updates to
> send_sms data are transferred to alt_send_sms and deleted from send sms. The
> same thing is happening with alt_send_sms table.
>
> Is it possible to insert 1000records/sec in send_sms table and taken out at
> the rate 1000records/seconds from alt_send_sms.
>
> Which engine is more better for the above senario.

Hi Krishna,
i see you are using some kind of queue mechanism but
to get a useful answer you need to be more specific:
e.g. what are your safety requirements ? Tables in RAM are very fast.
e.g. do you need forgein keys ?

When will data be copied (send->alt) ? after 1 day ? 1 hour ?
how long to you need to store data at alt ?
how often is the access ?

If speed is a concern do you need a database at all ? (KISS)

where does the current system spend its time ? and why ?

You see your request is far from simple and demands detail knowlegde about
your requirements going beyound what can be done in such a ML
(and this is only software, there is also hardware an economics).
Here you can ask "how can i improve SQL statement  XX ?"

re,
 wh

Thread
Scaling MysqlKrishna Chandra Prajapati21 Aug
  • Re: Scaling Mysqlwalter harms21 Aug
    • Re: Scaling MysqlKrishna Chandra Prajapati22 Aug
      • RE: Scaling MysqlGavin Towey24 Aug
        • Re: Scaling MysqlKrishna Chandra Prajapati25 Aug
  • Re: Scaling Mysqlmos21 Aug
    • RE: Scaling MysqlJerry Schwartz21 Aug
      • RE: Scaling MysqlGavin Towey21 Aug
        • RE: Scaling MysqlJerry Schwartz21 Aug