List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:August 17 2009 8:11am
Subject:Re: Is there a way ?
View as plain text
Hello Miles,

> I'm a little rusty in my SQL statements, and I'm not all that certain
> that this can be done.
> IF I have a field with the contents like:
> ""
> where 2 is the record ID value.  And I need to change the contents of

That is rather "unfortunate" ... better change the design while you still
can. Just add a column with a unique ID.

In general, EVERY tables should have a primary key in order to identify
each record.

> that field to read:
> ""
> How would I accomplish this with a native SQL statement ?
> I was thinking that I'd just export the contents of the table, and do
> a text manipulation against the field, only to realize that the record
> id value is embedded in the link of the field.  Which means that I
> can't change the record id value at all.  Or turn off the auto
> increment of the keyfield because it will invalidate the records when
> its turned back on....
> Any suggestions as to how I might clean this up ????

See above, add a column, create a unique ID for it.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions

Database questions? Check the forum:
Is there a way ?m i l e s16 Aug
  • Re: Is there a way ?Johnny Withers17 Aug
  • Re: Is there a way ?Martijn Tonies17 Aug