List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:m i l e s Date:August 16 2009 4:14pm
Subject:Is there a way ?
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm a little rusty in my SQL statements, and I'm not all that certain
that this can be done.

IF I have a field with the contents like:

"http://beta.somedomain.com/url/url/url=2"

where 2 is the record ID value.  And I need to change the contents of
that field to read:

"http://www.somedomain.com/url/url/url=2"

How would I accomplish this with a native SQL statement ?

I was thinking that I'd just export the contents of the table, and do
a text manipulation against the field, only to realize that the record
id value is embedded in the link of the field.  Which means that I
can't change the record id value at all.  Or turn off the auto
increment of the keyfield because it will invalidate the records when
its turned back on....

Any suggestions as to how I might clean this up ????

Thanks.

Miles
Thread
Is there a way ?m i l e s16 Aug
  • Re: Is there a way ?Johnny Withers17 Aug
  • Re: Is there a way ?Martijn Tonies17 Aug