List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Lindberg Date:December 21 1999 3:43pm
Subject:Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysql
View as plain text
On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:37:03 -0500, Stephen Johnston wrote:

>I am looking for mass mailing software for an opt-in database that will
>easily integrate w/ a mysql database.  I don't want to copy data into a
>separate application and I would like something tested and commercially
>used.  Any recommendations?

The software that runs this mailing list is mysql based. We use it for
announcement lists in a distributed system that is capable of 1000
delivered msg/s (currently 60/s) sustained. It does a lot of other
things like redelivery of deferrals, automated bounce handling,
subscribe/unsubscribe, etc, that serious lists care about, but that is
a waste of cycles for massmailers/spammers.

I can direct you to a OC3x2 server colocation company I work with where
you can outsource delivery (but could have direct access to the mysql
address db). However, they run serious mailing lists, not "massmail"
which would ruin their business. There'd be a few hoops you'd have to
jump through before you'd be allowed to do anything >50K subscribers or
get direct db access.

-Sincerely, Fred

Mass Mailing Software for mysqlStephen Johnston21 Dec
  • mysql under AIX 4.2William R. Mattil21 Dec
  • Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlSasha Pachev21 Dec
  • Re: mysql under AIX 4.2Sasha Pachev21 Dec
Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlEd Carp21 Dec
  • Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlMaurice Aubrey21 Dec
    • Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlEd Carp21 Dec
      • Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlMaurice Aubrey21 Dec
      • Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlSasha Pachev21 Dec
    • Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlJames Rogers21 Dec
  • Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlVan21 Dec
  • Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlJames Rogers21 Dec
    • Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlfelix k sheng21 Dec
  • Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlDerek Sivers21 Dec
    • Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlVan21 Dec
    • Storing images in tables for web pages?Kirt21 Dec
RE: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlAlok Dhir21 Dec
Re: Mass Mailing Software for mysqlFred Lindberg21 Dec
Re: Storing images in tables for web pages?Laszlo G. Szijarto21 Dec
  • Re: Storing images in tables for web pages?repett021 Dec
  • Re: Storing images in tables for web pages?sinisa21 Dec
  • Re: Storing images in tables for web pages?Matthew Vanecek22 Dec
    • Re: Storing images in tables for web pages?Dylan Neild22 Dec
      • Re: Storing images in tables for web pages?James Lyon22 Dec
        • Re: Storing images in tables for web pages?Dylan Neild22 Dec
          • Re: Storing images in tables for web pages?Jose de Leon23 Dec
Re: Storing images in tables for web pages?Ed Carp23 Dec