List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Noah Garrett Wallach Date:August 13 2009 6:48am
Subject:setting up root account
View as plain text
Okay it appears my mysql database is simply screwed up.

I am attempting to rebuild the root account and privileges and now I
cant do anything.  How do I rebuild the root account with proper
privileges and the grant option.

I am thinking:

    mysql -u root
      use mysql;
      GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%' WITH GRANT OPTION;
      FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
      GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION;
      FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
      GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'mypc' WITH GRANT OPTION;
      FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
      quit;

But here is what happens:
neckbridge 23:35:08 ~ $ mysql -u root
Your MySQL connection id is 6
Server version: 5.1.30-Yahoo-SMP-log  (RHEL 32-bit)

mysql> use mysql;
ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database
'mysql'
mysql>

Thread
setting up root accountNoah Garrett Wallach13 Aug
  • Re: setting up root accountmuhammad subair13 Aug
  • RE: setting up root accountJerry Schwartz13 Aug