List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Braithwaite Date:August 11 2009 3:12pm
Subject:Replication - connecting a slave to a master on the same host via a port or socket
View as plain text
Hi,

I have 2 mysql instances running on a server on different ports with
different datadirs and different .sock files.

I can connect locally via the sock with the -S flag to mysql but I
cannot connect locally via port (-P flag).

Does anyone know if there is a way to configure a mysql slave to use a
socket to connect to a master on localhost?

If not; does anyone know a way to connect to another mysql instance on
the same linux server using a port?

Thanks for your help,

Andrew
Thread
Replication - connecting a slave to a master on the same host via a port or socketAndrew Braithwaite11 Aug
  • RE: Replication - connecting a slave to a master on the same host via a port or socketAndrew Braithwaite11 Aug
    • RE: Replication - connecting a slave to a master on the same hostvia a port or socketGavin Towey11 Aug
      • Re: Replication - connecting a slave to a master on the same host via a port or socketJohan De Meersman12 Aug