List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:April 21 1999 3:55pm
Subject:Re: cannot shut it down
View as plain text
George Eleftheriou wrote:
> Hi all,
> this may sound trivial to some of you. I have installed the database on my
> home directory(I have no root privileges), and I can start it, but when I
> try to create a table or shut it down using mysqladmin I get:
> bin/mysqladmin: shutdown failed; error: 'Access denied for user:
> '@localhost' (Using password: NO)'
> I am reading section 6 of the mannual, but I still haven't found out it.
> I changed mysqlaccess.conf, but I cannot find any .my.cnf. Should I create
> it?
> Thanks a lot for your help,
> George

You must do mysqladmin -uroot shutdown or maybe throw in
-p switch to make it authenticate you if you have set
the root password. MySQL privilige system exists
separately from /etc/passwd
Sasha Pachev (home) (work)
cannot shut it downGeorge Eleftheriou21 Apr
  • Re: cannot shut it downSasha Pachev21 Apr