List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ken D'Ambrosio Date:July 27 2009 2:25pm
Subject:Intro to indexing?
View as plain text
Hey, all.  I'm trying to "get" indexing -- like, when do you specify an
index name during index creation, is index use implicit or explicit, and,
honestly, how exactly does it work, anyway?  I've been RTFM'ing, but
haven't found anything that really laid it out in black and white;
usually, they'd give an example or two, but were awfully sparse on the
"whys and wherefores."

So, if anyone has something they could point me to -- electronic or dead
tree -- I'd be deeply appreciative.

Thanks!

-Ken

believed to be clean.

Thread
Intro to indexing?Ken D'Ambrosio27 Jul
  • Re: Intro to indexing?muhammad subair28 Jul
    • Re: Intro to indexing?william drescher29 Jul