List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:buford Date:July 26 2009 3:08pm
Subject:When does indexing happen?
View as plain text
Using version 5.0.6x on RH. The question I have is about the updating of

Say I have a table with a primary key and one or more indexes. I run an
INSERT statement by way of a call to mysql_real_query() in the C api. If
that function call returns zero, i.e., indicating success, does that mean
that everything is guaranteed to be completed? In particular that all the
table indexes have been updated, so that an immediately-subsequent SELECT
statement with an appropriate WHERE clause seeking for the same row will
find it using the index?

Thread
When does indexing happen?buford26 Jul
  • Re: When does indexing happen?buford27 Jul
  • Re: When does indexing happen?Dan Nelson27 Jul