List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Smith Date:July 19 2009 7:48pm
Subject:RE: Slave log files going nuts...
View as plain text

Gavin/Todd,

Tracking it down, the timestamp correlates with a mysqldump that I have a crontab for
which of course, has flush-logs.

/usr/bin/mysqldump --opt --flush-logs --all-databases --result-file=$FILENAME

I'm not sure if we want to flush the log files on this machine at this point.  It's a
tossup since there are multiple slaves hitting this guy replicating only specific tables
in some cases.  I would guess that we could always restore the entire backup and dump
what we want across to a new server before starting the incremental replication, but I'm
still working that plan up right now.

Anyway, thanks for the pointers to indentify the problem.

Gary

Thread
Slave log files going nuts...Gary Smith16 Jul
  • Re: Slave log files going nuts...Todd Lyons16 Jul
    • RE: Slave log files going nuts...Gary Smith17 Jul
      • RE: Slave log files going nuts...Gavin Towey17 Jul
        • RE: Slave log files going nuts...Gary Smith19 Jul