List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Todd Lyons Date:July 16 2009 9:41pm
Subject:Re: Slave log files going nuts...
View as plain text
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Gary Smith<Gary@stripped> wrote:
> I have a new slave I setup against a new master server.  The master server has 4
> log files in it, the most current being updated on the 16th.  The slave server on the
> other hand has several files, many which seem to be blank.  This slave is set to
> slave the master and act as a master for downstream slaves.  Note, there is no
> master/master on this configuration, even though the master itself could do it.
> Any ideas?

Something is doing several 'mysqladmin refresh' or a related command,
all sequentially in a row in short order.  Look at your cron jobs that
start or end around the time that all those "empty" binlogs are being

Regards...      Todd
Slave log files going nuts...Gary Smith16 Jul
  • Re: Slave log files going nuts...Todd Lyons16 Jul
    • RE: Slave log files going nuts...Gary Smith17 Jul
      • RE: Slave log files going nuts...Gavin Towey17 Jul
        • RE: Slave log files going nuts...Gary Smith19 Jul