List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tom Kleinpeter Date:July 16 2009 8:44pm
Subject:Re: error logging from fulltext plugin
View as plain text
As a followup, simply logging to stderr prints to the $host.err in the
mysql data directory, which is good enough for my purposes.

In case anyone else is curious, when experimenting I found I could use
my_printf_error to return errors to the console where I inserted the
bad data.  But, that didn't log anything to the permanent log.  The
only trick about using my_printf_error was getting the header includes
correct -- I needed mysql/my_global.h first.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Tom Kleinpeter<tomkleinpeter@stripped> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've written a fulltext plugin for Mysql 5.1.  The plugin works great
> and I'm happy with it, but I would like to log an error when I
> encounter some unexpected data.  Do plugins have access to the Mysql
> error log?  If so, how do I write to it?
>
> Thanks!

Thread
error logging from fulltext pluginTom Kleinpeter16 Jul
  • Re: error logging from fulltext pluginTom Kleinpeter16 Jul