List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:russbucket Date:July 16 2009 4:18pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Windows version
View as plain text
russbucket wrote:

> I have been using the Linux version of MySQL for five years, also used it
> on a Windows ME system even though documents said you couldn't. Recent a
> friend asked me to help him get it up and running on a Windows Vista
> system.
>
> I was looking for the system configuration requirements but could not find
> them in the manual (or I missed them)? We want to use localhost.
> Do you need Apache and PHP? Is there a Windows application that works like
> phpMyAdmin? I tried MySQLAdmin on my Linux system, but I could not cut and
> paste SQL Commands into the editor.
>
> Anything pointing to the above would be helpful.
> Thanks in advance.
Solved. We downloaded WAMP and it install in less than file minutes. We used
phpmyadmin and the SQL option to build the database. Everything is working
fine.

Thanks for everyones responses.
OpenSUSE 11.1 KDE 4.1.3,
Intel DX48BT2 Core 2 Dual E7200. 4 GB DDR III
GeForce 8400 GS, 320GB Disc (2)

-------
Russ

Thread
MySQL Windows versionrussbucket10 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionmos10 Jul
    • Re: MySQL Windows versionMarcus Bointon10 Jul
  • RE: MySQL Windows versionJason Trebilcock10 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket11 Jul
    • Re: MySQL Windows versionB J Ambrose11 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket11 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket12 Jul
  • RE: MySQL Windows versionJerry Schwartz13 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket16 Jul