List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Read Date:April 21 1999 4:00pm
Subject:Re: Too many databases
View as plain text
Scott Hassan wrote:
> Problem 1:
>
>   We have an application using mysql that needs tens of
>   thousands of separate databases.

If your application requires "tens of thousands of databases"
it seems to imply poor design. Do you mean databases or tables?

Perhaps if you could give some more information on *what* you
actually want to achieve [rather than *how* you were thinking
of doing it] we might be able to offer some more assistance...

> Problem 2:
>
>   Support for tables greater than 2G on a Linux box.

I believe this is coming with the new ISAM version.

Hope this helps...
--

If it ain't opinionated, it ain't Rich Teer.
Thread