List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:July 15 2009 6:58pm
Subject:Re: Any tool convert ibdata1/ib_logfile0/ib_logfile1 files to
myisam data offline
View as plain text
At 07:53 AM 7/15/2009, you wrote:
>hi all,
>
>I have backup all the database files(innodb engine).
>Now I want to recover it as myisam engine offline.
>
>Any suggestions?

Why can't you copy the InnoDb files to another machine and open the
database with another MySQL server? (You could do it on your current server
but it will be CPU & disk intensive).

  Then do a:

create table MyTable1 engine=MYISAM select * from InnoTable1;

If these tables are large, then you could use:

create table MyTable1 engine=MYISAM select * from InnoTable1 limit 0;
insert into MyTable1 select * from InnoTable1 limit 0,100000;
insert into MyTable1 select * from InnoTable1 limit 100000,100000;

to import just 100k rows at a time.

Now build the indexes for MyTable1.

Mike

Thread
Any tool convert ibdata1/ib_logfile0/ib_logfile1 files to myisam data offlineOscar15 Jul
  • Re: Any tool convert ibdata1/ib_logfile0/ib_logfile1 files tomyisam data offlinemos15 Jul
    • RE: Any tool convert ibdata1/ib_logfile0/ib_logfile1 files tomyisam data offlineGavin Towey15 Jul