List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carlos Proal Date:July 15 2009 12:12am
Subject:Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start now
View as plain text
Uppps i mean...useless instead of useful.

On 7/14/2009 7:11 PM, Carlos Proal wrote:

> Another thing you can do is simply erase the innodb logs. If the dbms
> really was shutdown properly then the logs are useful,
> they will be recreated again and you can go forward with your demo.
>
> Carlos
>
> On 7/14/2009 6:23 PM, Daevid Vincent wrote:
>> Not sure what you mean "start it against the USB drive". I copied
>> from 'old'
>> -> USB -> 'new' /var/lib/mysql/*. At no time did I run the database
>> pointing
>> at the USB drive (is that even possible? I guess a symlink or something
>> maybe with mods to app armor). The 'old' is growing and changing dates
>> because it is still live and actually in production. This 'new' box
>> is going
>> to be used for a demo at a conference and is therefore a copy from
>> about a
>> month ago and will not grow in size, but the dates will change as I muck
>> with the data on it.
>>
>> ________________________________
>>
>>     From: Gary Smith [mailto:Gary@stripped]     Sent: Tuesday,
>> July 14, 2009 2:11 PM
>>     To: Johnny Withers; Daevid Vincent
>>     Cc: mysql@stripped
>>     Subject: RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start now
>>

>>     Johnny,          I'm less worried about the month in between than
>> the fact that all
>> of the dates for the files on his USB data should be roughly the
>> same.  It
>> looks to me like he tried to start it against the data on the USB drive.
>> Another question is, was this an cold backup or hot backup?  If this
>> were a
>> hot backup, I could see this problem happening.  If it were a could
>> backup,
>> it should work.

Thread
Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent14 Jul
  • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowGary Smith14 Jul
    • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent14 Jul
      • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowJohnny Withers14 Jul
        • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowGary Smith14 Jul
          • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent15 Jul
            • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowCarlos Proal15 Jul
              • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowCarlos Proal15 Jul
                • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent15 Jul
                  • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowCarlos Proal15 Jul
        • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent14 Jul
      • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowGary Smith14 Jul
  • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowCarlos Proal14 Jul
  • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowMarcus Bointon14 Jul
    • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowTodd Lyons15 Jul