List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carlos Proal Date:July 15 2009 12:11am
Subject:Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start now
View as plain text
Another thing you can do is simply erase the innodb logs. If the dbms
really was shutdown properly then the logs are useful,
they will be recreated again and you can go forward with your demo.

Carlos

On 7/14/2009 6:23 PM, Daevid Vincent wrote:
> Not sure what you mean "start it against the USB drive". I copied from 'old'
> -> USB -> 'new' /var/lib/mysql/*. At no time did I run the database pointing
> at the USB drive (is that even possible? I guess a symlink or something
> maybe with mods to app armor). The 'old' is growing and changing dates
> because it is still live and actually in production. This 'new' box is going
> to be used for a demo at a conference and is therefore a copy from about a
> month ago and will not grow in size, but the dates will change as I muck
> with the data on it.
>

> ________________________________

Thread
Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent14 Jul
  • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowGary Smith14 Jul
    • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent14 Jul
      • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowJohnny Withers14 Jul
        • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowGary Smith14 Jul
          • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent15 Jul
            • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowCarlos Proal15 Jul
              • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowCarlos Proal15 Jul
                • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent15 Jul
                  • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowCarlos Proal15 Jul
        • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent14 Jul
      • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowGary Smith14 Jul
  • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowCarlos Proal14 Jul
  • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowMarcus Bointon14 Jul
    • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowTodd Lyons15 Jul