List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Smith Date:July 14 2009 9:06pm
Subject:RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start now
View as plain text
Daevid,

--The logfiles are the same size so I assume that's configured right?

They should be.  If you copied the file over, mysql isn't going to increase/decrease the
size of the file (because it already exists).  I suspect that you didn't save the old
my.cnf file.

The only other question I have is why is the "New" file smaller than the original. innodb
doesn't shrink files to the best of my knowledge (or at least, it hasn't for me) -- or
did you mean that the top one is the new, and the bottom one is the old..

So, looking a little harder at your files, I bet you tried to start myself against the USB
device directly, on the first try, it failed, so you copied the data over to the local
disk and you have been trying to recover it since.  I say that because the time stamp on
the usb (new or old ones) but have July 14th as the dates...

I think as others have mentioned, the startup recovery flags might be your best bet.