List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Smith Date:July 14 2009 3:54am
Subject:RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start now
View as plain text
> InnoDB: Your database may be corrupt or you may have copied the InnoDB
> InnoDB: tablespace but not the InnoDB log files. See
> InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/forcing-recovery.html
> InnoDB: for more information.
> InnoDB: Error: trying to access page number 2144600306 in space 0,
> InnoDB: space name ./ibdata1,
> InnoDB: which is outside the tablespace bounds.
> InnoDB: Byte offset 0, len 16384, i/o type 10.
> InnoDB: If you get this error at mysqld startup, please check that
> InnoDB: your my.cnf matches the ibdata files that you have in the
> InnoDB: MySQL server.
> 090714  1:43:18InnoDB: Assertion failure in thread 3083368144 in file
> fil0fil.c line 3959
> InnoDB: We intentionally generate a memory trap.
> InnoDB: Submit a detailed bug report to http://bugs.mysql.com.
> InnoDB: If you get repeated assertion failures or crashes, even
> InnoDB: immediately after the mysqld startup, there may be
> InnoDB: corruption in the InnoDB tablespace. Please refer to
> InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/forcing-recovery.html
> InnoDB: about forcing recovery.

First thing that comes to mind is a scenario that happened some time ago when we migrated
data from one server to another in a similar way.  Server one had the innodb file set to
2gb each file (10 files total).  New server was set for 1gb each.  It doesn't shrink
files so not much was thought about it at the time but our problem was the innodb table
settings had to match to the letter.  We ended up copying the copy file from the old
machine to the new machine (they were running the same version so it really wasn't a
problem.

I know that you stated you were running Ubuntu, which is great, but what version of the
database did it come from and what version of the database is it going to?

Anyway, if the original server is still up, I'd just copy from one store to the other.  It
might be slow to do a 4 day export, but if you are two days into this the savings of USB
copy has already been lost.

Gary
Thread
Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent14 Jul
  • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowGary Smith14 Jul
    • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent14 Jul
      • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowJohnny Withers14 Jul
        • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowGary Smith14 Jul
          • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent15 Jul
            • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowCarlos Proal15 Jul
              • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowCarlos Proal15 Jul
                • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent15 Jul
                  • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowCarlos Proal15 Jul
        • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowDaevid Vincent14 Jul
      • RE: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowGary Smith14 Jul
  • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowCarlos Proal14 Jul
  • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowMarcus Bointon14 Jul
    • Re: Copy 70GB ibdata, etc. and server won't start nowTodd Lyons15 Jul