List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Artie Ziff Date:July 14 2009 12:20am
Subject:show warnings;
View as plain text
Hello,

I am returning to mysql after long break, so not experienced with
details. I inherited a text file with the mysql DDL statements which
create database and tables, etc. Each 'create' or 'drop' table statement
is preceded with a 'show warnings' statement. Since this file is used to
initialize a new database in mysql server, is there any reason to have
warnings enabled like this? It seems the warning would be generated 100%
of the time since the database did not exist before. So, my question is,
is there some good reason to include 'show warnings' statements into a
file that is intended to initialize a database that did not exist
before? It seems unnecessary however perhaps there is some situation
where this makes sense.

Cheers,
AZ

Thread
show warnings;Artie Ziff14 Jul
  • Re: show warnings;Michael Dykman14 Jul
  • Re: show warnings;fire914 Jul
  • RE: show warnings;Jerry Schwartz14 Jul