List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:July 13 2009 2:54pm
Subject:RE: MySQL Windows version
View as plain text

[JS] Piece of cake, believe it or not.

>I was looking for the system configuration requirements but could not
>find
>them in the manual (or I missed them)? We want to use localhost.
[JS] The only "trick" with using localhost is that it goes through the
network stack, so do NOT disable that.

>Do you need Apache and PHP? Is there a Windows application that works
>like
[JS] You can use IIS, Apache, or Tomcat; MySQL is completely oblivious to
any and all web servers.
>phpMyAdmin? I tried MySQLAdmin on my Linux system, but I could not cut
>and
>paste SQL Commands into the editor.

[JS] I use PHPAdmin. When you install the Windows MSI package for PHP, it
will ask you which web server you want to configure. You'll want to run the
MSI using admin privileges.

Regards,
Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032
860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
www.the-infoshop.com

>Anything pointing to the above would be helpful.
>Thanks in advance.
>--
>------
>OpenSUSE 11.1 KDE 4.1.3,
>Intel DX48BT2 Core 2 Dual E7200. 4 GB DDR III
>GeForce 8400 GS, 320GB Disc (2)
>
>-------
>Russ
>

>--
>infoshop.com

Thread
MySQL Windows versionrussbucket10 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionmos10 Jul
    • Re: MySQL Windows versionMarcus Bointon10 Jul
  • RE: MySQL Windows versionJason Trebilcock10 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket11 Jul
    • Re: MySQL Windows versionB J Ambrose11 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket11 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket12 Jul
  • RE: MySQL Windows versionJerry Schwartz13 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket16 Jul