List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniele Development-ML Date:July 13 2009 12:08pm
Subject:Uploading large files with mySQL
View as plain text
Hello,
I'm developing a web application that requires to store large files in a
MySQL database. The files can range up to 2Gb.

In my understanding the upper limit for the SQL queries (thus insert
queries) is 1GB. I'm trying, for the time being, to upload files of sizes
around 65MB, but I still get some errors - including the "MySQL server has
gone away".

I followed the discussion in other post, and I properly set all the system
variables (max_allowed_packet_size, wait_timeout) to the maximum value, but
the error still occurs.

Would you suggest looking at something in particular?

For the time being, just to try this, I'm inserting the file through the
MySQL Query Browser - just not to add other possible sources of problems on
top of that.

Thanks!

Dan

Thread
Uploading large files with mySQLDaniele Development-ML13 Jul
  • Re: Uploading large files with mySQLJohan De Meersman13 Jul
  • Re: Uploading large files with mySQLmos13 Jul
  • Re: Uploading large files with mySQLBarry Leslie13 Jul