List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:russbucket Date:July 11 2009 1:30pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Windows version
View as plain text
russbucket wrote:

> I have been using the Linux version of MySQL for five years, also used it
> on a Windows ME system even though documents said you couldn't. Recent a
> friend asked me to help him get it up and running on a Windows Vista
> system.
>
> I was looking for the system configuration requirements but could not find
> them in the manual (or I missed them)? We want to use localhost.
> Do you need Apache and PHP? Is there a Windows application that works like
> phpMyAdmin? I tried MySQLAdmin on my Linux system, but I could not cut and
> paste SQL Commands into the editor.
>
> Anything pointing to the above would be helpful.
> Thanks in advance.

Thanks to everyone who replied. We will install MySQL on my friends Vista
system this afternoon. It will be a learning experience for me since I
personally have not used MS products Since my Win ME system died in early
2000. I do have a virtual Win XP so I can do my Taxes each year.

Thanks again.

OpenSUSE 11.1 KDE 4.1.3,
Intel DX48BT2 Core 2 Dual E7200. 4 GB DDR III
GeForce 8400 GS, 320GB Disc (2)

-------
Russ

Thread
MySQL Windows versionrussbucket10 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionmos10 Jul
    • Re: MySQL Windows versionMarcus Bointon10 Jul
  • RE: MySQL Windows versionJason Trebilcock10 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket11 Jul
    • Re: MySQL Windows versionB J Ambrose11 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket11 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket12 Jul
  • RE: MySQL Windows versionJerry Schwartz13 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket16 Jul