List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Simon J Mudd Date:July 11 2009 8:02am
Subject:Re: Replication, Stored Proceedures and Databases
View as plain text
Gary@stripped (Gary Smith) writes:

> In database G we have 150+ stored procedures.

150k stored procedures? Sounds "rather large". Do you really need this?

> What's the best approach to fix this problem?  Is it as simple as adding the
> appropriate USE statement inside of the stored procedure right before the
> insert/update/delete/whatever?

I'd suggest row based replication. In your previous post you mentioned
you were using 5.1.35 so you can do that.  One of the reasons for
using RBR is precisely to make life clearer when replicating from one
server to another. The rows changed on the master will be changed on
the slave.  You don't need to depend on the effect of the stored
procedure on master and slave being the same.

Simon
Thread
Replication, Stored Proceedures and DatabasesGary Smith11 Jul
  • Re: Replication, Stored Proceedures and DatabasesSimon J Mudd11 Jul
    • RE: Replication, Stored Proceedures and DatabasesGary Smith11 Jul