List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gavin Towey Date:July 10 2009 5:58pm
Subject:RE: [PHP] mysql cache query as xml
View as plain text
This is more of an application architecture question than a mysql question.  Though I'll
offer my two cents:

What are you going to do with the XML file?  Write it to disk, so you can later read it,
and parse it just to get your result set back?  That sounds a lot slower than fetching it
from mysql again.  You can test it though -- write a script, time a bunch of iterations
and prove to yourself if it's a good idea or not.

Generally the way to optimize reading xml faster is to not do it.

IMO if you want caching then use something that was meant for it like memcached.

Regards,
Gavin Towey