List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:July 10 2009 4:35pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Windows version
View as plain text
On 10 Jul 2009, at 17:18, mos wrote:

>> Is there a Windows application that works like
>> phpMyAdmin? I tried MySQLAdmin on my Linux system, but I could not
>> cut and
>> paste SQL Commands into the editor.

You could run php (and thus phpmyadmin) on windows - in contrast with
earlier versions, 5.3 is actually pretty good.

> Try SQLYog since it is my favorite. Download the free community
> edition at http://www.webyog.com/en/downloads.php#sqlyog

The problem I've had with every GUI MySQL client I've tried is that
they attempt to download whole tables on a regular basis. If you have
large tables that makes them completely unusable. FileMaker Pro does
the same thing too. phpMyAdmin is the only one I've found that's
reliable and immune to that particular problem. There are probably X
apps you could run remotely that could solve the same problem, though
not for Windows.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

MySQL Windows versionrussbucket10 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionmos10 Jul
    • Re: MySQL Windows versionMarcus Bointon10 Jul
  • RE: MySQL Windows versionJason Trebilcock10 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket11 Jul
    • Re: MySQL Windows versionB J Ambrose11 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket11 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket12 Jul
  • RE: MySQL Windows versionJerry Schwartz13 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket16 Jul