List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:July 10 2009 4:18pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Windows version
View as plain text
At 11:08 AM 7/10/2009, russbucket wrote:
>I have been using the Linux version of MySQL for five years, also used it on
>a Windows ME system even though documents said you couldn't. Recent a friend
>asked me to help him get it up and running on a Windows Vista system.
>
>I was looking for the system configuration requirements but could not find
>them in the manual (or I missed them)? We want to use localhost.
>Do you need Apache and PHP?

Only if you need to access MySQL from PHP via browser. If you are a
programmer then there are many languages like Delphi that can access MySQL
directly using a 3rd party component, or use ODBC from most programs that
can access a database.

>  Is there a Windows application that works like
>phpMyAdmin? I tried MySQLAdmin on my Linux system, but I could not cut and
>paste SQL Commands into the editor.

Try SQLYog since it is my favorite. Download the free community edition at
http://www.webyog.com/en/downloads.php#sqlyog

>Anything pointing to the above would be helpful.
>Thanks in advance.
>--
>OpenSUSE 11.1 KDE 4.1.3,
>Intel DX48BT2 Core 2 Dual E7200. 4 GB DDR III
>GeForce 8400 GS, 320GB Disc (2)
>
>-------
>Russ
>

>--

MySQL Windows versionrussbucket10 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionmos10 Jul
    • Re: MySQL Windows versionMarcus Bointon10 Jul
  • RE: MySQL Windows versionJason Trebilcock10 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket11 Jul
    • Re: MySQL Windows versionB J Ambrose11 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket11 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket12 Jul
  • RE: MySQL Windows versionJerry Schwartz13 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket16 Jul