List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:russbucket Date:July 10 2009 4:08pm
Subject:MySQL Windows version
View as plain text
I have been using the Linux version of MySQL for five years, also used it on
a Windows ME system even though documents said you couldn't. Recent a friend
asked me to help him get it up and running on a Windows Vista system.

I was looking for the system configuration requirements but could not find
them in the manual (or I missed them)? We want to use localhost.
Do you need Apache and PHP? Is there a Windows application that works like
phpMyAdmin? I tried MySQLAdmin on my Linux system, but I could not cut and
paste SQL Commands into the editor.

Anything pointing to the above would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.
OpenSUSE 11.1 KDE 4.1.3,
Intel DX48BT2 Core 2 Dual E7200. 4 GB DDR III
GeForce 8400 GS, 320GB Disc (2)

-------
Russ

Thread
MySQL Windows versionrussbucket10 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionmos10 Jul
    • Re: MySQL Windows versionMarcus Bointon10 Jul
  • RE: MySQL Windows versionJason Trebilcock10 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket11 Jul
    • Re: MySQL Windows versionB J Ambrose11 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket11 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket12 Jul
  • RE: MySQL Windows versionJerry Schwartz13 Jul
  • Re: MySQL Windows versionrussbucket16 Jul