List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:July 9 2009 12:11pm
Subject:Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave question
View as plain text
Scott,

Based on earlier messages, there's no way to just restore the master
again.  But can the data be recovered from the files?  If it's InnoDB,
then perhaps.  See http://code.google.com/p/innodb-tools/.  If it's
MyISAM, one of our guys has made some partial work on a set of tools
to serve a similar function -- extract the data from the files.

Either way, it's going to be tedious and/or mildly costly without
guaranteed success.

Baron

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Scott Haneda<talklists@stripped> wrote:
> A client deleted their database and did not have a slave in place for
> backup. No scheduled dumps either.
>
> However, I have set up a slave to the master for one table. These tables
> hold DNS data for database driven DNS server features.
>
> The master table is empty, the slave rightly saw the deletes and carried
> them out.
>
> But I believe the replication logs on the slave, and also perhaps on the
> master should still be there. I'm not clear on how large these get, if they
> roll/truncate, etc.
>
> Is there any way to restore the master up to the point the data was deleted?
> I can then set the slave to resync and they should be back where the left
> off.
>
> There are a lot if records, not a lot of data since DNS data is so small. If
> I could restore the master It would prove quite helpful. Currently, all
> servers are down since DNS is not working, as a result of DNS being backed
> by MySql via DLZ/named.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
> --
> Scott
> Iphone says hello.

Baron Schwartz, Director of Consulting, Percona Inc.
Our Blog: http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/
Our Services: http://www.percona.com/services.html
Thread
Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionScott Haneda8 Jul
  • Re: Client deleted database,semi high priority master slave questionbmurphy8 Jul
  • RE: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionDaevid Vincent8 Jul
    • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionScott Haneda8 Jul
    • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionScott Haneda8 Jul
  • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionBaron Schwartz9 Jul
  • Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameElim PDT16 Jul
    • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameDarryle Steplight16 Jul
    • what outputs/illustrates a table's structure? - WAS: Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameGovinda16 Jul
      • Re: what outputs/illustrates a table's structure? - WAS: Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameMarcus Bointon16 Jul
    • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameBrent Baisley21 Jul
  • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionrussbucket16 Jul
  • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameElim PDT21 Jul
    • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameBasil Daoust21 Jul
Re: what outputs/illustrates a table's structure? - WAS: Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameGovinda16 Jul