List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Haneda Date:July 8 2009 8:41pm
Subject:Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave question
View as plain text
On Jul 8, 2009, at 12:49 PM, Daevid Vincent wrote:

> Ouch.
>
> I know it comes a little too late, but as a preventive measure going
> forward, I offer up my daily crontab backup script:
>
> http://www.daevid.com/content/examples/daily_backup.php

They move a lot of data, so scheduled dumps were not really an
option.  I wrote a proposal to use two databases, one is the primary
acting as a DNS 1, and the second is the slave, acting as DNS 2.  I
then wanted to add a 3rd slave server, that was a hot standby, in case
the primary went down.  It would hold copies of all databases.

This would be on a raid, and on a schedule, it would also do dumps,
which could take as long as they want, since this machine was not
being hit at all.

This was not implemented for some reason.  I will look at your
scripts, thanks again.

Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionScott Haneda8 Jul
  • Re: Client deleted database,semi high priority master slave questionbmurphy8 Jul
  • RE: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionDaevid Vincent8 Jul
    • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionScott Haneda8 Jul
    • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionScott Haneda8 Jul
  • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionBaron Schwartz9 Jul
  • Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameElim PDT16 Jul
    • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameDarryle Steplight16 Jul
    • what outputs/illustrates a table's structure? - WAS: Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameGovinda16 Jul
      • Re: what outputs/illustrates a table's structure? - WAS: Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameMarcus Bointon16 Jul
    • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameBrent Baisley21 Jul
  • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionrussbucket16 Jul
  • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameElim PDT21 Jul
    • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameBasil Daoust21 Jul
Re: what outputs/illustrates a table's structure? - WAS: Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameGovinda16 Jul