List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Meyer Date:July 8 2009 5:11pm
Subject:Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?
View as plain text
Carlos Williams wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 12:21 PM, John Meyer<john.l.meyer@stripped> wrote:
>> Do we really need to bash OS's for MySQL.  Rather than questioning what
>> OS is best for MySQL we should ask how we can optimize MySQL for each OS.
>
> Did I mis-read an email or can someone please explain to me how anyone
> has bashed a specific OS? I have only seen responses with what people
> suggest. Many even offered helpful suggestions for the OP to stay on
> FreeBSD rather than users saying FreeBSD sucks and Linux is crap
> running MySQL. Great suggestions from everyone!

A thread with the title "What OS is the best platform for MySQL" pretty
much is a troll line for bashing OS's. I'm not saying the responses are
good, I'm just saying that the premise of the thread is a little misguided.
Thread
What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Blog Tieng Viet6 Jul
  • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Carlos Williams6 Jul
  • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Dan Nelson6 Jul
    • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Ken Menzel8 Jul
      • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?John Meyer8 Jul
        • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?bmurphy8 Jul
Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?John Meyer8 Jul
Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Blog Tieng Viet9 Jul