List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:bmurphy Date:July 8 2009 4:54pm
Subject:Re: Client deleted database,
semi high priority master slave question
View as plain text
Hope the client learned the lesson about backups. it's a hard one to learn
sometimes.

If the binary logs on the slave were enabled when the table was populated
it should be possible to restore the table from the binary logs. If not,
and logging was turned on after the table was populated than you are out
of luck.

Keith

> A client deleted their database and did not have a slave in place for
> backup. No scheduled dumps either.
>
> However, I have set up a slave to the master for one table. These
> tables hold DNS data for database driven DNS server features.
>
> The master table is empty, the slave rightly saw the deletes and
> carried them out.
>
> But I believe the replication logs on the slave, and also perhaps on
> the master should still be there. I'm not clear on how large these
> get, if they roll/truncate, etc.
>
> Is there any way to restore the master up to the point the data was
> deleted? I can then set the slave to resync and they should be back
> where the left off.
>
> There are a lot if records, not a lot of data since DNS data is so
> small. If I could restore the master It would prove quite helpful.
> Currently, all servers are down since DNS is not working, as a result
> of DNS being backed by MySql via DLZ/named.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
> --
> Scott
> Iphone says hello.

Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionScott Haneda8 Jul
  • Re: Client deleted database,semi high priority master slave questionbmurphy8 Jul
  • RE: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionDaevid Vincent8 Jul
    • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionScott Haneda8 Jul
    • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionScott Haneda8 Jul
  • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionBaron Schwartz9 Jul
  • Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameElim PDT16 Jul
    • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameDarryle Steplight16 Jul
    • what outputs/illustrates a table's structure? - WAS: Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameGovinda16 Jul
      • Re: what outputs/illustrates a table's structure? - WAS: Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameMarcus Bointon16 Jul
    • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameBrent Baisley21 Jul
  • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionrussbucket16 Jul
  • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameElim PDT21 Jul
    • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameBasil Daoust21 Jul
Re: what outputs/illustrates a table's structure? - WAS: Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameGovinda16 Jul