List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Haneda Date:July 8 2009 4:49pm
Subject:Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave question
View as plain text
A client deleted their database and did not have a slave in place for
backup. No scheduled dumps either.

However, I have set up a slave to the master for one table. These
tables hold DNS data for database driven DNS server features.

The master table is empty, the slave rightly saw the deletes and
carried them out.

But I believe the replication logs on the slave, and also perhaps on
the master should still be there. I'm not clear on how large these
get, if they roll/truncate, etc.

Is there any way to restore the master up to the point the data was
deleted? I can then set the slave to resync and they should be back
where the left off.

There are a lot if records, not a lot of data since DNS data is so
small. If I could restore the master It would prove quite helpful.
Currently, all servers are down since DNS is not working, as a result
of DNS being backed by MySql via DLZ/named.

Thanks for any suggestions.
--
Scott
Iphone says hello.
Thread
Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionScott Haneda8 Jul
  • Re: Client deleted database,semi high priority master slave questionbmurphy8 Jul
  • RE: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionDaevid Vincent8 Jul
    • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionScott Haneda8 Jul
    • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionScott Haneda8 Jul
  • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionBaron Schwartz9 Jul
  • Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameElim PDT16 Jul
    • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameDarryle Steplight16 Jul
    • what outputs/illustrates a table's structure? - WAS: Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameGovinda16 Jul
      • Re: what outputs/illustrates a table's structure? - WAS: Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameMarcus Bointon16 Jul
    • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameBrent Baisley21 Jul
  • Re: Client deleted database, semi high priority master slave questionrussbucket16 Jul
  • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameElim PDT21 Jul
    • Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameBasil Daoust21 Jul
Re: what outputs/illustrates a table's structure? - WAS: Re: Hard? query to with group order by group head's nameGovinda16 Jul