List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Meyer Date:July 8 2009 4:21pm
Subject:Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?
View as plain text
Ken Menzel wrote:
> Dan Nelson wrote:
>> In the last episode (Jul 06), Blog Tieng Viet said:
>>> I have been using MySQL on FreeBSD for 3 years and encounterd a lot of
>>> problems related to thread management.  And 1 year ago, I found that my
>>> FreeBSD box does not go well with any MySQL revision after 5.1.17-beta,
>>> because the MySQL thread does not end although complied with
>>> LINUX_THREADS.
>>
>> Try building without LINUX_THREADS; that option shouldn't really be used
>> with FreeBSD 6 or newer.
>>
> Also This article may help if you have not yet abandoned Freebsd.  It
> shows how freebsd can outperform Linux in some cases.

Do we really need to bash OS's for MySQL.  Rather than questioning what
OS is best for MySQL we should ask how we can optimize MySQL for each OS.

Thread
What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Blog Tieng Viet6 Jul
  • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Carlos Williams6 Jul
  • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Dan Nelson6 Jul
    • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Ken Menzel8 Jul
      • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?John Meyer8 Jul
        • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?bmurphy8 Jul
Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?John Meyer8 Jul
Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Blog Tieng Viet9 Jul