List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ken Menzel Date:July 8 2009 2:10pm
Subject:Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?
View as plain text
Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Jul 06), Blog Tieng Viet said:
>> I have been using MySQL on FreeBSD for 3 years and encounterd a lot of
>> problems related to thread management.  And 1 year ago, I found that my
>> FreeBSD box does not go well with any MySQL revision after 5.1.17-beta,
>> because the MySQL thread does not end although complied with
>> LINUX_THREADS.
>
> Try building without LINUX_THREADS; that option shouldn't really be used
> with FreeBSD 6 or newer.

Also This article may help if you have not yet abandoned Freebsd.  It
shows how freebsd can outperform Linux in some cases.

http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/mysql.html

Ken

Thread
What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Blog Tieng Viet6 Jul
  • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Carlos Williams6 Jul
  • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Dan Nelson6 Jul
    • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Ken Menzel8 Jul
      • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?John Meyer8 Jul
        • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?bmurphy8 Jul
Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?John Meyer8 Jul
Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Blog Tieng Viet9 Jul