List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:christudas dai Date:July 8 2009 5:17am
Subject:Fw: General MySQL Question
View as plain text

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: MySQL Web Team <webmaster@stripped>
To: christudas_dai@stripped
Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2009 3:46:09
Subject: Re:General MySQL Question

Thank you for contacting MySQL,

You are likely to get a more detailed response to your question if you
ask on the forums site at or on an appropriate
mailing list at

Hope this helps,

MySQL Web Team

Your query was:

I have an existing database for one of our elearning portals. This
support request is to give us information on how an already existing
database can be encrypted? Is there a query that can encrypt the
database? we are planning to use the ENCODE() and DECODE()for encoding
the data into the database and decrypting the data while retrieving
information from database.

Pls do let us know.

Thanks & Regards,

MySQL <>

If you wish to unsubscribe from future email communication from MySQL
please visit and enter your email address.
If you do not wish to receive email communications from Sun, please click
here or forward this message to

      Get your new Email address!
Grab the Email name you&#39;ve always wanted before someone else does!
Fw: General MySQL Questionchristudas dai8 Jul