List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Carlos Williams Date:July 6 2009 5:12pm
Subject:Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?
View as plain text
On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Blog Tieng Viet <blogtiengviet@stripped>wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have been using MySQL on FreeBSD for 3 years and encounterd a lot of
> problems related to thread management. And 1 year ago, I found that my
> FreeBSD box does not go well with any MySQL revision after 5.1.17-beta,
> because the MySQL thread does not end although complied with LINUX_THREADS.
>
> Now I want to chane platform for MySQL from FreeBSD to another OS.
> Is there any advice for choosing OS?

I think any version of Linux is perfect with MySQL. It's optimized perfectly
for  MySQL. I use Debian but mileage may vary.

Thread
What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Blog Tieng Viet6 Jul
  • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Carlos Williams6 Jul
  • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Dan Nelson6 Jul
    • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Ken Menzel8 Jul
      • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?John Meyer8 Jul
        • Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?bmurphy8 Jul
Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?John Meyer8 Jul
Re: What OS is the best platform for MySQL ?Blog Tieng Viet9 Jul