List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:July 4 2009 8:27am
Subject:Re: how to get the timestamp from remote mysql
View as plain text
On 4 Jul 2009, at 07:48, Nathan Huang wrote:

> I am going to fetch out the data from remote mysql database
> according to timestamps colmmen, however my local date is different
> from the one on remote mysql database,
> how can I get right timestamp using the date of remote time zone?
> that is to say I set the date and send itto remote server or
> database to calculate  timestamps of it
> thanks in advance

There is one straightforward solution: only ever keep timestamps in
UTC/GMT and correct for time zone / DST when you display them. While
that can be confusing sometimes, overall it's a much simpler way of
working that storing local times.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

how to get the timestamp from remote mysqlNathan Huang4 Jul
  • Re: how to get the timestamp from remote mysqlMarcus Bointon4 Jul
  • Re: how to get the timestamp from remote mysqlMichael Dykman4 Jul