List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marcus Bointon Date:July 3 2009 10:09am
Subject:Re: Best approach for DB-based event logging?
View as plain text
On 3 Jul 2009, at 09:42, Johan De Meersman wrote:

> To be honest, this sounds like more of a filesystem thing, given
> that you only ever need to select the full set of an individual
> user. Just build up an FS structure with one file per user.

You really think so? Even though I'll need to initially create about
64k folders (keying off a user-id related hash) in order to keep files-
per-dir down to a sensible amount? Its probably about now that I start
wanting a reiserFS partition...

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of info@hand CRM solutions

Best approach for DB-based event logging?Marcus Bointon1 Jul
  • Re: Best approach for DB-based event logging?Johan De Meersman3 Jul
    • Re: Best approach for DB-based event logging?Marcus Bointon3 Jul
      • Re: Best approach for DB-based event logging?Johan De Meersman3 Jul
  • Re: Best approach for DB-based event logging?nigel wood3 Jul
    • Re: Best approach for DB-based event logging?nigel wood3 Jul
      • RE: Best approach for DB-based event logging?Martin Gainty3 Jul