List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:June 26 2009 2:43pm
Subject:RE: How can we stock the query result into a text file
View as plain text

[JS] A more useful way is to redirect the output of the MySQL CLI into a
file. That will give you a tab-delimited file:

>mysql .... < query.sql > queryoutput.txt

Regards,
Jerry Schwartz
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032
860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
www.the-infoshop.com

>On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:29 PM, John Daisley <
>john.daisley@stripped> wrote:
>
>> SELECT INTO OUTFILE does almost the same thing as spool in SQL*Plus
>>
>> SELECT columnname from tablename into outfile '/path/and/filename.txt'
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> John
>>

>> > Hi
>> >
>> > In mysql , how can we stock the query result into a text file
>> >
>> > the table is too large , i don't want to dump it , but select a part
>of
>> > it,
>> > i wrote a script perl to do this, but each time i have to change the
>> > parameters in the script to get another table, when i google it, i
>find
>> > the
>> > function in Oracle
>> >
>> > "
>> > spool 'filenameandpath.txt'
>> >
>> > select ...
>> > from ..
>> > /
>> >
>> > spool off
>> > "
>> > does Mysql has such function?
>> >

>> > --
>> > -------------------------
>> > Lin Chun

>--
>David Yeung,
>MySQL Senior Support Engineer,
>Sun Gold Partner.
>My Blog:http://yueliangdao0608.cublog.cn

Thread
How can we stock the query result into a text fileLin Chun25 Jun
  • Re: How can we stock the query result into a text fileJohn Daisley25 Jun
    • Re: How can we stock the query result into a text fileMoon's Father26 Jun
      • RE: How can we stock the query result into a text fileJerry Schwartz26 Jun
  • Re: How can we stock the query result into a text fileJohan De Meersman26 Jun