List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Daisley Date:June 25 2009 2:29pm
Subject:Re: How can we stock the query result into a text file
View as plain text
SELECT INTO OUTFILE does almost the same thing as spool in SQL*Plus

SELECT columnname from tablename into outfile '/path/and/filename.txt'

Regards

John

> Hi
>
> In mysql , how can we stock the query result into a text file
>
> the table is too large , i don't want to dump it , but select a part of
> it,
> i wrote a script perl to do this, but each time i have to change the
> parameters in the script to get another table, when i google it, i find
> the
> function in Oracle
>
> "
> spool 'filenameandpath.txt'
>
> select ...
> from ..
> /
>
> spool off
> "
> does Mysql has such function?
>

> --
> Lin Chun

> This email has been scanned by Netintelligence
> http://www.netintelligence.com/email

Thread
How can we stock the query result into a text fileLin Chun25 Jun
  • Re: How can we stock the query result into a text fileJohn Daisley25 Jun
    • Re: How can we stock the query result into a text fileMoon's Father26 Jun
      • RE: How can we stock the query result into a text fileJerry Schwartz26 Jun
  • Re: How can we stock the query result into a text fileJohan De Meersman26 Jun