List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Darryle Steplight Date:June 19 2009 1:42pm
Subject:Re: How to Optimize distinct with index
View as plain text
Select user_id from user where key1=value and
key2=value2 and key3=value2 GROUP BY user_id

 is faster than

Select distinct user_id from user where key1=value and
key2=value2 and key3=value2;

2009/6/18 周彦伟 <yanwei.zhou@stripped>:
> Hi,
>        I have a sql :
>                Select distinct user_id from user where key1=value and
> key2=value2 and key3=value2;
>
> I add index on (key1,key2,key3,user_id), this sql use temporary table
> howevery
> I have thousands of queries per second.
> How to optimize it?
>

> Anthoer question:
> Select * from user where user_id in(id1,id2,id3,id4,.....) order by use_id;
> I add index on user_id,but after in,order use temporary table, How to
> optimize it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> zhouyanwei

A: It reverses the normal flow of conversation.
Q: What's wrong with top-posting?
A: Top-posting.
Half Hour Sub-query in MySQL vs. 5 Seconds in VFP?Matt Neimeyer19 Jun
  • Re: Half Hour Sub-query in MySQL vs. 5 Seconds in VFP?Johnny Withers19 Jun
    • How to Optimize distinct with index周彦伟19 Jun
  • Re: Half Hour Sub-query in MySQL vs. 5 Seconds in VFP?Dan Nelson19 Jun
    • Re: Half Hour Sub-query in MySQL vs. 5 Seconds in VFP?Matt Neimeyer19 Jun
  • Re: Half Hour Sub-query in MySQL vs. 5 Seconds in VFP?Brent Baisley19 Jun
    • Re: Half Hour Sub-query in MySQL vs. 5 Seconds in VFP?Matt Neimeyer22 Jun
  • Re: Half Hour Sub-query in MySQL vs. 5 Seconds in VFP?Peter Brawley20 Jun
    • Re: Half Hour Sub-query in MySQL vs. 5 Seconds in VFP?Walter Heck - OlinData.com20 Jun
Re: How to Optimize distinct with indexDan Nelson19 Jun
Re: How to Optimize distinct with indexDarryle Steplight19 Jun
  • Re: How to Optimize distinct with indexMoon's Father26 Jun