List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johnny Withers Date:June 4 2009 12:00pm
Subject:Re: high performance test data/test query generator
View as plain text
I find it difficult to use a general tool to generate a lot of data specifi
to my application. There are many tools out there to execute queries against
a MySQL server it seems and log/report the performance. However, finding a
tool that is able to generate a lot of data that fits into your schema seems
to be the problem.

I would use a tool that does this.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 6:05 AM, petya <petya@stripped> wrote:

> Anyone else? You guys don't simulate realistic workload in benchmark just
> do sysbench or something like that? If there were a tool for that (which can
> handle data generation, initial database generation, and query generation,
> maybe it's output will be a jmeter test case) would you do so?
>
> Peter
>

> petya wrote:
>
>> I use jmeter too, but it can't generate the test dataset (if I have to
>> write this, I plan that it will create a jmeter test case with the generated
>> test data). Usually my ad-hoc script generates csv files (to load initial
>> data) and jmeter test cases.
>>
>> Michael Dykman wrote:

>>> It is by no means the only such tool, but I have often use JMeter as
>>> an all-purpose load-generation tool.  It has good support for database
>>> testing among other things..
>>>
>>> http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-db-test-plan.html

-----------------------------
Johnny Withers
601.209.4985
johnny@stripped

Thread
high performance test data/test query generatorpetya3 Jun
Re: high performance test data/test query generatorpetya3 Jun
  • Re: high performance test data/test query generatorpetya4 Jun
    • Re: high performance test data/test query generatorJohnny Withers4 Jun
    • Re: high performance test data/test query generatorAmr Mostafa6 Jun
      • Re: high performance test data/test query generatorpetya6 Jun