List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tompkins Neil Date:June 3 2009 4:04pm
Subject:Re: Logging SQL queries
View as plain text
Hi

Thanks for the response.  In fact my main requirement is to track the
queries executed in the event we have some data which has been contaminated
in some way - which will help us with our investigations.  Basically I've
designed a brand new back end office - and feel I need to record the queries
which are executed by the users.

What do you think ? or do you think this would not be necessary.

Cheers
Neil

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Baron Schwartz <baron@stripped> wrote:

> For this purpose, I'd suggest using the slow query log (and a log
> analysis tool such as mk-query-digest), which has performance data the
> general log doesn't have.  In MySQL 5.1, you can get all queries
> written to the log by setting the long_query_time to 0.  In MySQL 5.0
> you can't really get that, unless you use a Percona or OurDelta build
> of the server.  You can also use MySQL Enterprise's query analyzer,
> which has a really nice interface.  I'm not sure if it would suit your
> auditing requirements, though.
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 6:18 AM, Tompkins Neil
> <neil.tompkins@stripped> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > The purpose is really for auditing and constant performance analysis ?  I
> > could save each query in my own user generated table.  But thought maybe
> > best to use mysql's built in feature.
> >
> > Neil
> >
> > On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Baron Schwartz <baron@stripped> wrote:
> >>
> >> Neil,
> >>
> >> What is the purpose?  Is it for auditing, performance analysis, ...?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Baron

> this.

> >> --
> >> Baron Schwartz, Director of Consulting, Percona Inc.
> >> Our Blog: http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/
> >> Our Services: http://www.percona.com/services.html
> >

> --
>  Baron Schwartz, Director of Consulting, Percona Inc.
> Our Blog: http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/
> Our Services: http://www.percona.com/services.html

Thread
Logging SQL queriesTompkins Neil27 May
  • RE: Logging SQL queriesNathan Sullivan27 May
  • Re: Logging SQL queriesMauricio Tellez27 May
  • Re: Logging SQL queriesClaudio Nanni27 May
  • Re: Logging SQL queriesBaron Schwartz27 May
    • Re: Logging SQL queriesTompkins Neil28 May
Re: Logging SQL queriesTompkins Neil3 Jun